Saturday 8 October 2011

Conclusion of preliminary task.

After producing a rough version of my front cover, it came to my attention that it deviated more codes and conventiones than it actually followed. Due to only spending a small fraction of time on this piece, I decided that rather than having a cluttered front cover I could quickly alter it by having one large image and the font in a clear colour over the image. When doing this, I would need to find a way to maintain the conventions I'd followed, such as; a barcode, a title that stands out, one main image linked to a main story and headlines in different fonts to the descriptions of the stories. I would contrastingly have to improve my magazine by adding things such as a date, issue number and possibly a website address at which the audience could receive further information and stories due to feature within future issues of the magazine. My contents page looks slightly different to my front cover, the reason for this being the realisation that I hadn't actually followed as many codes and conventions as I shoud have when making the front cover. Like many professional contents pages, it follows the convention of 'regulars' and 'features' sections. This guides the audience into what they would usually be purchasing regularly from the magazine and what special additions are included in the particular week that they have purchased it. It has a variety of pictures that relate to storylines. It does reinforce the main storyline but not obviously because a different picture has been chosen to link with that storyline on the contents page. Like the majority of magazines also, my contents page has a different colour page number, to the story it is linked to. The front used in my contents page is within the correct range usually used. To improve my contents page, I would use a main image or possibly an editors letter. Instead of using a main image, I simply used a collection of small ones, this means there is no main attraction for the audience when looking at my contents page, nothng stands out as much more exciting than the things its surrounded by.

No comments:

Post a Comment