Tuesday 31 January 2012

Conclusion of audience feedback/Questionnaire results.

After collecting 10 sets of results to gain a better knowledge of what my audience thought of my magazine, I constructed a few pie charts to get a clearer idea of how many people would buy my magazine, where I had gone wrong, how I could improve and how appealing my article was. My first question required an answer as to whether my magazine looked professional or not. The options for this question was yes and no. I found that 90% of my audience agreed that it did, wihlst 10% thought that there was room for improvement in that department. Here is the pie chart that displays those particular results:
My second question required an answer as to whether my magazine was worth it's price of £3.50. Whilst 7 agreed that it was, 3 thought otherwise. Here is the pie chart that displays those results:
My third question was based on the colours included within my magazine and whether they were appealing and consistent. I found that 8 agreed that the colours were consistent, yet some commented that they weren't exactly appealing to them. I then asked a question that would gain me feedback on my double page spread. I was eager to find if my audience had thought that the article I constructed was interesting or not. There were three options available for the answer, those being 'Yes, no, partially'. 80% of my audience found that they were interested by the article whilst 20% thought that it was partiallty interesting. Contrastingly, none of my audience suggested that it was not interesting at all. Again, when I asked my audience if they found out the things they would preferably want to know about a band, I received the same answers that I did previously when asking about my double page spread. Whilst two agreed that they didn't neccessarily find out the types of things that intrigue them, 8 said that the information found on the band was the type of information that they would want to know. The pie chart found below can express the results for each of the questions asked about the double page spread:
When asked of how I could improve my magazine, I received a range of answers. One of the participants of the questionnaire said that the masthead, 'I-Music' didn't particularly drag them in and that the name could be more interesting. Another of the participants expressed that the layout was slightly crammed and so if I was to change it I would have to increase its spacious quality. Another member of my audience suggested that whilst I had included a variety of artists on my front cover, perhaps more coverlines were required to make the more significant stories stand out and encourage a member of my audience to buy it on a monthly basis. These are definitely things that I would change if I was to create another magazine as I found that I learned many things I didn't know whilst doing my preliminary task in contrast to my full product. If I was to produce another professional media product, I am confident that I would learn just as much when looking back at my full product.

No comments:

Post a Comment