Wednesday 9 November 2011

Publication Plan

After conducting all my research, I am able to make final decisions for my magazine.

Title of magazine: I-Music

Positioning Statement: 'Listening the independant way'
Frequency of publication: My magazine will be published monthly as my research shows that that is the most popular frequency. The answers in my questionnaire supported this.
Distribution: Newsagents, supermarkets and music shops (e.g HMV)

Price: £2.99

Style: The style will be informal as this is typical of music magazines, as proven throughout my research.

Rationale: My magazine is for the public, it will be aimed at the age range of 16 onwards. It will be more specifically aimed at those interested in Indie music, especially those who attend gigs and festivals frequently.

Regular content:
-Editors letter
-Music charts updates
-Fans forum
-Competitions
-Fan mail
-What we're listening to
-Upcoming bands/gigs

Feature content:
-Fools on parade exclusive interview and gig pictures
-V festival 2011- Pictures and reviews. Rumours of next years line up.
-Battle of the bands
-'Who sang it best?' Statistics show which was better, the original or the recreation.
-Florence and the Machine: Still rising.
-Marina and the Diamonds and Emeli Sandi support Coldplay tour December 2011
-Behind the scenes of Colplay 'Paradise' video.
-Oasis reunite?
-Razorlights ongoing fued with The Kooks
-Best indie bands/artists of the last ten years
-Rough Trade Records attempt to encourage The Smiths to reunite.
-High flying birds vs. Beady Eye. Review of the time Oasis spent apart and the achievements the seperate bands made.
-Kings of Leon split up?
-Caleb Followill encouraged to try Rehab by fellow band members
-The Wombats

No comments:

Post a Comment